Thursday, January 20, 2011

50 First, First Day After the Accidents

Aw Jay...dang, I feel so bad! Every day either mom or I have to tell you again that you've been in an accident and what all went down between you and the girl you parted with.  We feel terrible telling you because every time we do, it's like the first time you've heard it.  I reminded you of a conversation you had with a friend just before your accident.  You vaguely remember it....and certainly don't recall the entire conversation.  I was the one who told you what had happened today.  Yesterday was Mom's turn. 
It seemed as though you understood very clearly what I was saying...and I was thankful for that.  Some times, when we tell you this story...you insist that the clavicle is an injury from high school...that the bruising and scabbing on your head is from a "do rag"...broken ribs are from some thing else...but today you seemed to accept that you had a bike accident.  You said that you loved me very much but that you had to get off the phone because you needed to go outside.   I'm not sure if you really went outside?  or what?  I'm thinking maybe you went to smoke or something...But just before you disconnected, you said, "I'll call you back from my cell phone"
And my heart just sank.  That thing you keep dialing as a "cell phone" is the remote control to the tv....the social worker has (and has had for a couple days now) your cell phone as well as some of your personal affects. You get upset when people don't text you or phone you back because you believe you've texted or phoned them via the tv remote.
Perhaps moving into rehab soon! YAY!  The gal you recently broke up with (wow crazy town brudda) brought your identification to Aussie (?) today.  Megan P sent me a text...once again, Megan to the rescue!! Haha = ) So now that we can officially say what name is attached to that mug of yours, they should be able to get you over to that rehab center and locked into emergency medicaid. Wahoo!
I was told today that the rehab center was going to be pretty intense.  I hope you're not going to be a pain in the butt! hahaha
You remind us of the movie "50 First Dates"...where we are literally reminding you of where you are and why and how at the start of every day.  The doctors say this is the way to start the day, and this is what we should be doing.
Your bike accident, what the injuries are, and the break up....you had a really bad day that monday...Holy Grilled Cheezus Jay!

1 comment:

  1. Jason, it has been many years since I have seen you cousin. I am not certain if you will even remember me. I do have many childhood memories of you, Maia, Justin, and I playing and getting into mischief at Grandma and Grandpa Muxlow's house. For me, these memories are carefree and fun that I will always hold near. Naturally, we all grew up and began our individual journeys in life, creating new memories and relationships. The ties that should of kept us all close were broken, but we were just kids and adult actions were not in our control. Regardless of our lack of contact, you and Maia are still very much a part of my childhood and heart. I pray for you, your mother, your siblings, and your many friends daily Jason! Without being around you I can see and feel that you are a very strong man! Keep healing Jason! Today, it is what it is, so please do not give too much of your precious energy to that fact. I pray for you to have the ability and strength to move forward each day. Focus on healing as whole (body, mind, and spirit). I have absolute faith that you will once again find balance and acceptance. May God be with you always and continue his miraculous work! Peace, love, and light. God Bless!
    Dawn Marie

    ReplyDelete