Friday, January 14, 2011

Goonies Never Die....Now Focus

Yesterday, you had a hard time recalling where you lived, what year we were in...and you didn't recognize mom either.... As a matter of fact, you told the nurse she was Aunt Norma...then when they asked you again, you said, Aunt Delores...Be careful there bud!!! HAHAHA! Depending on whats going on in the family, that could be dangerous! You took out your iv's today too. You took one right out of your arm (on the hurt side) and handed it to mom! Like "here ya go...i don't need this" A rebel to your core...= )
 You also were able to go to the bathroom by yourself...which is a big huge deal because it means your brain remembers how to tell your body how to walk. Thats an awesome thing Goonie. And probably felt good to pee on your own. Mom read me your MRI results and your meds list. They have moved you mostly onto non-narcotic pain meds, but you are still quite out of it. They put you on one of my favorite non-narcs that I give my own patients, Toradol. It's like the superman of non-narc pain meds. We're taking it day by day bud. You also ate about three bites of food too. Some chicken and some mac n cheese. Mom sent me a video of you saying, "Love you Goonie"...I can't tell you how much that made me cry. "Keep fighting Jay, and focus...focus...focus" is what I told you on the phone, you said "yes ma'm"

1 comment:

  1. you have a lot to fight for jay! were all praying for your recovery

    ReplyDelete