Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Short Term Memory Loss

Well, they gave you three words Jay.  You were supposed to remember them as well as remember the order they were given in.  You were able to recall the first one...but at least you were able to do that!  The doc says, at this time, you are suffering from short term memory loss.
There are many times when you are "with it" but then certain things happen where it reminds us that you have been hurt. = (
Like today for example.  You were dialing my phone number on the remote control...believing that it would call me.  And I realize, I don't believe I have your cell number....hmmm...I'll have to remedy that.
Anyhow, today was a "trying to identify" you day! Not an easy thing to do! They went to the DMV to get a print out of your record with your photo on it...but no luck.  Just need something with your mug on it and your name as well.  There is no other like you! But that's not enough for the paperwork.
I miss you.  I know that's not a status update, lol! But I really do miss you.
We heard more about the rehab for your damaged bean.  Apparently, friends and family contact is supposed to stay at a minimum.  It has something to do with the recovery of the brain...reducing stimulus and allowing you to focus...focus...on recovery.  The audiologist also saw you and said you have a very minimal loss of speech...most likely a temporary thing.
When you are asked a question that seems as though it confuses you...your eyes go wide open and you search around the room.  Almost like you are looking for the answers on the walls.  I imagine there are times when you must get pretty scared...or confused...not being able to recall things, or not being able to understand "why"....
I hope you get to start your rehab soon brother...the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...of course I have your number...geez! Which one of us has the memory loss? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to thank Aussie for being amazing! By you getting all the paperwork took a lot of stress off people! You are great! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeys poor Aussie..still has to clean up the mess. This family thanks you so much for your sweet diligence!

    ReplyDelete